Pages

Apr 8, 2011

Julia Roberts on Benadryl ... or I could be editing under the influence.

I’ve been kind of MIA the past couple of weeks.
And unlike school, I don’t have to give you a reason,
But what fun would there be in holding back the adventures of Mindy if I didn’t share this with you?

I have a book that I’m currently revising.


I have a cold due to allergies.

I have editing for the book and Benadryl for the allergies.

YAY! Problems solved.

I thought so too, until I put the two together.

Lemme just quote Julia: Big Mistake, Huge, BIG!

The book I’m working on is an Urban Fantasy for young adults. It’s got some ah-ma-zing scenes and some OH-MY-God characters that I’ve been layering the past couple of months. I’ve been polishing and shining and making glimmer ready for my all-time-pinch-me-I-must-be-dreaming dream agent’s query inbox. I really want this agent! I really think I would make a great addition to her catalog of clients … and here’s where the Benadryl enters.

*GASP*

This is probably what you’re thinking:

Oh no she didn’t?
This poor girl did not just say what I think she said.
Did she just QUI??? (That’s query under the influence for all you non-writers.)

Don’t worry.
I won’t keep you in suspense.
You can breathe …
I did NOT QUI.

However, the edits that I did do under the influence ... well, if there were a literary walk of shame I’m still walking home.

So here I am, two weeks’ worth of allergies and a Benadryl hang over, with an even bigger job of revising. To quote another amazing woman (Mrs. CJ Redwine)who is single-handedly inspiring a Jersey Shore type lingo for writers:

I will not be GTL’ing in the near future. (Gym,Tan, Laundry)
I will be RPL’ing for a few more weeks + 2. (Read, Polish, Layer.)

Hopefully the end result will look more like Julia Roberts on date night as opposed to Snookies’ hair bump.

Cross your fingers.
I'm going back in!

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha... you crack me up! Good luck with episode 2 of RPL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Good luck with the book and the querying. And hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...